Saturday, May 10, 2008

#151 12 gauge blues




12 gauge blues was my band when i lived in St.Louis Mo.
It started in 1998 and lasted until 2003. We played lots of shows at dive bars , "punk" venues, basements and nightclubs....We all had Jobs so the furthest we traveled was Columbia, mo..
It was all for fun and artistic expression ,although we liked getting paid, it rarely happened.
I miss performing but I have some really good memories.

follow this link to hear a 1999 recording of
"Still wanna die" by 12 gauge blues
originally performed by Cheetah Chrome and Jeff Dahl

8 comments:

josh said...

i think its time for a reunion!!!

Jeremy Townsend (JERT) said...

cool, we'll do it in your basement again.

Kristen McCabe said...

grrrrreat song!

Did you ever have any shows with Calico System? I grew up with the lead singer, Mark.

Jeremy Townsend (JERT) said...

I don't think so but it is a possibility, we played a fuckload of shows with like 5 or 6 bands in the lineup....Calico system doesn't ring a bell... I left the Lou in 2003 I don't know if they were around before or after that.

Anonymous said...

You guys were infinitely better than CCC.

I still have fond memories of, but they're tainted by visions of Greg and his Green Day covers.

Niall O loughlin said...

As we say in Ireland "Yer wone sexy muthafucker!!!!

Jeremy Townsend (JERT) said...

dan- amen to that

Jeremy Townsend (JERT) said...

niall- I agree with you 100%