Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Pabst Blue Ribbon

Earlier in the year I had submitted art to a contest for Pabst Blue Ribbon beer. I was surprised as shit when a Pabst representative called me on my cell and informed me that Pabst was buying my piece and adding it to the PBR permanent art collection.
Here's a link to my piece on the Pabst website:
JERT ON PABST



The 2 bottom images were my original idea for the piece, a woman chasing a little PBR man. At the 11th hour I re-read the guidelines for the contest and realized that my submission would be DQed if I used Photoshop to combine the top 2 drawings into a single piece like the bottom image. With 15 minutes left until the deadline I sent in a raw unaltered digital picture of the little Pabst man and luckily that was enough. PBR owns the rights to the top drawing now so if anyone sees it in any advertising or on a building or something be sure to drop me a line.....

3 comments:

Leslie said...

oh man, i want that, i love it...i hope they payed decent enough...

Thomas said...

Congrats. That's pretty awesome. It's a fun drawing. I like the story behind it.

Damion009 said...

this is OUT-FUCKING-STANDING!!!