Tuesday, May 01, 2012

(NSFW) Dwarves Gig poster

I was commissioned by the opening band The Scam to create this gig poster for the upcoming Dwarves concert in St.Louis, Mo. My instructions where "it needs to have Coke and Boners...oh and Tits". So I obliged. I have to admit it's pretty cool to get paid to make "blue humor" art. It's exactly the opposite of working with most of my illustration clients. Most of my notes are to "tone it down" or "needs to be more accessible" whereas The Scam gives me notes like "dude, no nudity? we paid for nudity". 
*Oh and for the record I'm not a fan of Cocaine, it's a shitty drug that makes people do shitty things,
but I believe grown adults should be allowed to do what they want as long as it doesn't directly harm others. Drug Violence is caused by the black market, plain and simple

No comments: